Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia: Panel Discussion “Indonesia’s Urban Innovation and Smart City Development”
Indonesia, as one of the biggest economic market in South East Asia driven by a youthful population
of more than 250 million people owning at least 100 million smartphones, offers doubtless
undeniable market opportunities.
The country currently has four unicorns – companies that have reached $1 billion in valuation without
tapping the stock markets – such as Go-Jek (ride-hailing company), Traveloka (travel site), Bukalapak
and Tokopedia (online marketplaces). Regional companies observing this market potential have
rushed to Indonesia to grab a share of the market.
This also has an impact on the development of cities, as part of the cities digitization process,
Indonesia’s promotes smart city engagement, innovation, e-Government services, IT
entrepreneurship and private sector cooperation.
This seminar will give updates on Indonesia’s latest development particularly on its Urban Innovation
and Smart City Development. It will also serve as platform for innovators and entrepreneurs of
interested Asia-Pacific Week Berlin (APW) participants to collaborate with Indonesia.
1. Perry Pada (Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia)
2. Raditya Wibow (Senior Vice President, Global Transport Go-Jek)
3. Syaifullah (Non-Banking Access Director, Indonesian Creative Economy Agency)
4. Atika Nur Rahmania (Head of Department for Communication, Informatics and
Statistic – Jakarta Provincial Government)
5. Dr. Rainer Seider (Head of Unit Foreign Trade, Development Cooperation and
European Policy, State of Berlin)
6. David Christian (Founder & CEO, Evoware)
7. Adi Reza Nugroho (Co-founder & CEO, Mycotech)
8. Kristina Sembiring (CEO, MOI)
9. Ivan Renald Tigana (Chief Commercial Officer, Nodeflux)